The CNA/Administrative Assistant provides non-medical, in-home support and home management services to clients. He or she provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and minimum guidance for a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment. Must have 3-5 years CNA/Administrative Assistant experience. Must have knowledgable of medical equipment, computers and software programs to include, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Client Care is priority and will always take precedence over administrative duties.
The ideal candidate for this position has a High School diploma or GED and 3 years experience with client care is preferred. The candidate must be bondable, must submit to random drug testing, and must meet or exceed the minimum qualifications for the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record and Professional and Personal Record Checks. In addition, he or she has a genuine desire to work with the elderly or disabled, reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, a clean driving record. Effective oral and written skills, empathy and the ability to listen, good time management skills, and professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
- Assists client with all personal care functions as needed
- Assists client at mealtimes and monitors eating habits
- Assists client to and from daily activities
- Performs light housekeeping tasks and assists with laundry
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- Communicates with clients, families, co-workers, and supervisors regarding care
- Assist with Administrative duties, such as, operates multi-line telephone console to receive and direct incoming calls, and provides general information for callers.
- Processes employment applications and assists in other employment activities, reference checking, and scheduling interviews.
- Assist with filing duties and a variety of other clerical duties as necessary.
- Flexible work schedule
- Training provided
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience preferred
- Knowledge of general sanitary and safety practices
- Able to work a consistent schedule
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Reliable transportation
- High school diploma or GED required