Human Resources Intern
This position will assist the HR Director in the day to day HR duties as well as developing resources and tools for employees.
The ideal candidate for this position has a High School Diploma and is enrolled at an accredited university in at least a Bachelor's Degree Program, in a major field of study related to human resources, business administration, management, or a similar field of study. The candidate should have strong analytical and communication skills, be organized, reliable, self-motivated, and collaborative.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and training new employees
- Assist with annual employee reviews and salary surveys
- Ensures compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Develops and documents company policies
- Assist with all required paperwork and records and prepares documentation (forms, reports, etc.) when needed
- Assist with staff satisfaction and conducts reward or recognition activities to retain quality staff
- Assist with disciplinary procedures and policies
- Assist with final review of all involuntary terminations and conducts exit interviews on all voluntary terminations
- Training provided
- Should be team oriented, cooperative and show a strong work ethnic
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations preferred
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills